View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

1. Sweethearts

Shawley was tired. She'd spent a lot of the days working between Arcadian construction and Bhasir woodworks, taking in as much as she could learn. Her somewhat vague goal was to build for the mine, to support Hugon and Carl, to feel almost irreplaceable. This was a remnant of teachings from her ship, where every individual was unique and important, but none so special that they couldn't be replaced.

The Geroo leant up against Carl, her black fur almost invisible in the late evening ...
  2. Terrible Character Idea's turned into concepts (TCITIC) - Part 1 - Azura

Alright, as promised, here’s a short blog about how I turn shitty ideas into worse characters.

The process with Humphrey unfortunately was somewhere in Fall 2020, so I can’t quite remember my thoughts there, but while Humphrey was waiting for approval I continued working on my next Character, well knowing how long those things take given my ‘English’.

Her working Name is Azura, but she isn’t posted yet. As I want to avoid flooding the forum, I shall wait until ...

Updated 02-17-2021 at 09:33 PM by Hydra/Marius

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. You're gonna die!

Jakkal's character exercise got me thinking.

I personally ascribe to a more cinematic view of PCs; I don't particularly like them dying Just Because, so read this in that frame. We've built stories around them, and they're main characters at least to their respective muns, and in my writing main characters don't go out like random punks.

Lindsey: While I'm not particularly comfortable filling this out, I'll do so for the sake of completeness. Lindsey is actually relatively ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. (03a) The Guest Programme.

[The following is a transcription of the remains of a glass record labeled "Interview with (unintelligible). E.O.T. Guest Programme year one”, rescued from Aden's archives. The two people talking are Mikhail Sinnilar (age 71) and Mariana Aidichi (age 19).]

-”Is that thing on?”

“It is, Mr. Sinnilar”

-“Good, let’s get this done, I doubt ya wanna hear an old man rumbling about the past, and, uh, it’s been ages since I went out. Hasn’t ...
    Tags: Cayho Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Rufus: Rewritten

(I've decided to create a new world and rewrite Rufus as a character. It's likely that he will still be a ball and chain character since I feel that is probably unavoidable when you are creating a character who is predominantly just a domesticated animal, but much of the ideas, especially his backstory and all, will fundamentally change. Since I want to put a bit more effort and care into this, I'm going to slowly develop the character sheet here on my blog and add to or change it as I develop ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast